Professional Indemnity Insurance
Every APS member (other than those who only provide professional services as an employee) is required to confirm to us annually that they hold current professional indemnity insurance and legal defence insurance cover on such terms and for such amounts as are compatible with the scale and extent of the professional services provided by that member.
All Professional Indemnity Insurance packages include the following as standard:
- Professional Indemnity Insurance;
- Public Liability Insurance;
- Employers Liability Insurance (if applicable);
- Directors and Officers Insurance against breaches of the Companies Act (if applicable).
Specifically, the APS Professional Indemnity Insurance Scheme includes cover for the following, as standard:
- Collateral Warranty cover;
- Civil Liability & Defence costs;
- Awards by Ombudsmen;
- Loss or Damage to documents;
- Compensation for Court attendance;
- CDM-C & other H&S Legislation defence costs;
- Adjudication & Arbitration;
- Prosecution defence costs.
LegalRisks the PI insurance experts have a dedicated member page.