Temporary works (TW) are the parts of a construction project that are needed to enable the permanent works to be built. Usually the TW are removed after use e.g. access scaffolds, props, shoring, excavation support, falsework and formwork, but sometimes the TW is incorporated into the permanent works e.g. haul road foundations, permanent formwork for suspended floors and crane or piling platforms, which may be used for hardstanding or road foundations.
This exam will suit temporary works specialists who are familiar with the content of BS 5975.
There will be 20 questions and you have 60 minutes in which to sit the exam.
- We suggest you set time aside to take the exam in a quiet uninterrupted space.
- If you reach the 60 minute time limit and have not clicked submit, the exam will automatically time out and your answers will be submitted as they stand at that point.
- On completion of the exam you will receive the result on screen.
- If you pass the exam you do not need to do anything.
- If you fail the exam instructions on how to resit will be displayed on the screen.
- Please note there is only one correct answer for each question.
Please note that these specialist exams are not about general knowledge.
The exams are a means by which Members who have specialist knowledge can be assessed.
Please do not attempt the exam without either having sufficient knowledge and understanding of the subject or having undertaken background reading and /or CPD or training.