Salary: Negotiable based on experience
Based: Birmingham (Solihull)
Working area: Predominately Midlands and Yorkshire
We are a growing business working predominately in the Education Sector. We are looking for highly competent, self-driven, client facing senior building surveyor.
From our head office in Liverpool, we have opened an office in Birmingham and we are actively looking to open an office in the Leeds area.
In joining our team, you will enjoy a high quality and diverse range of instructions. The focus of instructions will be in the design and contract administration of new build, extension, refurbishment and elemental renewal building projects.
Your duties will include:
• Design and use of Auto CAD (Most CAD work will be done by Architectural Technicians however a solid grounding in CAD is preferred)
• Project procurement through the RIBA work stages
• Advising clients on schemes and projects and determining requirements by carrying out feasibility studies and budget costings
• Preparing scheme designs with costings, programmes for completion of projects and specification of works
• Preparing documents for tender and advising on appointing contractors, designers and procurement routes
• Contract administration
• Project management
• Ensuring projects are completed on budget and to schedule
• Experience and track record of securing Capital funding from funding agencies
• Building Surveys recording the condition of existing buildings, identifying and analysing defects, including proposals for repair
• Advising on the management and supervision of maintenance works of buildings including provision of PPM schedules
• Processing planning applications and advising clients on property legislation including DDA, health and safety and building regulations
• Carrying out party wall procedures for both building owner and adjoining owner
Ideally, the candidate will have experience of Professional Services work / Fire Risk Assessments / Party Wall surveying, along with proven experience in the above areas.
The candidate should have worked within a range of client sectors, however, please only apply if you have a good solid experience base working within the Education Sector. The selected candidate will be well rounded in all areas of building surveying with excellent communication skills.
This is a great opportunity to join an expanding team within a highly regarded practice.
Benefits package – BUPA. Car allowance is included within the overall salary. Pension.