Vacancy Ref: KOK 184
Contract term: Consultant
Department: Construction Health and Safety
Reporting to: The Managing Director
Location: The position will be “home” based in or near Birmingham but have the flexibility to travel nationwide. Our office is located in Warrington. Specific major projects are located in Birmingham and Cheshire. Our workload is mainly North West but we have projects across Great Britain.
Conditions: Hourly rate and expenses to be agreed. Corporate training and development support will be made available. A discretionary performance bonus will be offered to the successful consultant.
An exciting opportunity has arisen at Keelagher Okey Klein, whose portfolio of clients include Local Authorities, Universities, NHS Trusts and blue chip multi-national companies. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who wishes to join a well-established and expanding team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
This is a stimulating opportunity for an organised, dynamic, and communicative person with a keen eye for detail to establish a robust Health and Safety regime with important new clients.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing:
- Lead advisor for CDM compliance with minimum supervision on low to high complexity projects provided via major term contracts.
- CDM Advisor and Principal Designer Advisor (PDA) services on other large complex projects and a variety of other schemes.
- Liaise with clients and designers and provide CDM / PDA advice
- Attend design team and progress meetings.
- Review DRA’s, RAG lists, drawings and Construction Phase Plans.
- Carry out site safety inspections and CDM compliance audits.
- Prepare technical progress reports
- Promote partnership working to achieve SHE objectives
- Agree the information for and preparation of PCI, Health and Safety Files / Operating & Maintenance Manuals.
- Comment upon and negotiate CPP’s on small and major complex projects.
- Be able to draft and amend H&S/ CDM procedures for implementation by Clients of all descriptions.
The ideal candidate will have a good knowledge of the CDM Regulations and other Health, Safety and Environmental Legislation and be familiar with procurement processes sufficient to be able to clearly understand the construction sequence / methodology for new building, alterations, demolition and fit out projects and enable the promotion of Health and Safety intervention strategies.
The candidate must have 5 years previous experience of providing CDM services. Experience with Measured Term Contracts and working within the Local Authority sector or NHS are desirable. City Centre and medium / High rise experience would be desirable.
He or she will have a confident and approachable personality that invokes trust and respect both internally and within a project team.
The candidate will have the ability to read and interpret technical drawings and have experience of using the MS Office suite.
They will be able to take full advantage of the committed technical support and team working available within KOK, be disciplined, well organised and methodical in their approach.
Qualifications and Experience:
A NEBOSH Construction Certificate with minimum 5 years’ experience in a consultancy environment is essential.
Certified Membership of the Association for Project Safety (APS) or Professional Membership the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) is desirable.
A professional with both health and safety and professional or technical construction related qualifications would be advantageous.
CSCS card an advantage.
DBS check required (Y/N): No
UK driving license required (Y/N): Yes
If you are interested in this position, please email email@example.com