As a Principal H&S Consultant you manage projects and be the main client contact for advice and support to managers and engineers on H&S issues at all stages throughout a construction project.
- Preparation of bids and proposals and assisting with the overall running of the H&S Services Team.
- Managing the role of Principal Designer / CDM Adviser / PS Adviser under the CDM Regulations
- Providing Health & Safety consultancy services to clients
- Preparation of fee proposals – attendance at Client presentations if required
- Review and agreement of fee proposals prepared by other staff
- Executing and completing projects
- Providing point of contact for client(s)
- Ensuring projects are technically correct.
Specific Skills Required:
- Willing to work alongside a Director to build the H&S Practice within AECOM
- Have an entrepreneurial hunger to grow a team
- Have a strong relationship with a client base
- Clean driving licence
- Expert knowledge of CDM 2015
- Expert knowledge of Health and Safety legislation
- Experience in the production of Health and Safety related documents
- Experience in commercial, health, residential, education sectors
- Knowledge of other construction processes, procurements etc
- Familiarity with MS Office
- Degree qualified Chartered Construction professional
- NEBOSH General or Construction Certificate CMaPS
Your benefits will include:
Helping our employees achieve a healthy work-life balance is important to us. If you join AECOM, as well as receiving a competitive salary, you’ll also have the opportunity to explore flexible working arrangements. Core benefits include 25 days’ annual leave, company pension scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and one paid annual professional institution membership fee. You can also choose from a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
You’ll also be able to give back to communities with up to two paid CSR days each year. Through our charity, The AECOM Foundation, you can volunteer to support children in developing countries. And if you’re a member of the Reserve Forces you’ll receive an additional 15 days paid leave for training commitments.
What We Offer:
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES: Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
Job Category: Program and Project Management
Business Line: Program, Cost, Consultancy
Business Group: Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Location: Belfast, United Kingdom
Position Status: Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No: 185162BR
Follow the link for more information and to complete an online application: https://aecom.jobs/belfast-gbr/principal-hs-advisor/2F08973434C542E1BC7122282B873515/job/
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.