Our Manchester office is looking for a Principal Health & Safety Consultant, to manage and direct projects, be the main client contact, prepare bids and proposals and assist with the management of the H&S Services Team.
• Managing the role of Principal Designer under the CDM Regulations
• Providing Health & Safety consultancy services to clients
• Preparation of fee proposals – attendance at Risk Committee and required client presentations/assessments
• Review and agreement of fee proposals prepared by other staff
• Executing and completing projects
• Providing point of contact for client(s)
• Project Manager on ePM
• Ensuring projects are technically correct
• Ensuring QA and Health and Safety Responsibilities are discharged
• Management of the overall team – review of projects, sold time, GM, NM etc
• Line management of staff at various levels
• Prepare fee proposals, review terms of engagement and associated risks
• Present to Clients and all levels of staff including executives
• Able to undertake project reviews*
• Knowledge of the design process*
• Expert knowledge of health and safety legislation
• Sound understanding of financial management and systems
• Degree qualified
• Extensive experience in design/construction
• Extensive experience in Health & Safety
• NEBOSH General Certificate / Construction Certificate
• Membership of Association for Project Safety
• NEBOSH Diploma (not essential)
• Communicating effectively across all levels of an organisation
• Team working and relating to others
• Managing people and leading a team
• Expert knowledge of the role of Principal Designer
• Expert knowledge of Health and Safety legislation
• Experience in the production of Health and Safety related documents
• Knowledge of other construction processes
• Familiarity with MS Office
• A self-motivated individual, with a strong commitment to improving Health & Safety in the workplace
• Able to work effectively within a team environment and meet or exceed client expectations
• Sufficiently authoritative to be regarded as an expert by peers and senior managers within an organisation
• Adaptable and can modify the approach to work to suit the needs of the client or project
• Able to negotiate and influence with third parties
• Able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing. Considers the needs of the audience and adapts communication appropriately
• Seeks to build effective relationships within teams, across the organisation and externally. Understands the perspective of others and takes this into account in developing relationships. Seeks to manage conflict and is self-aware.
• Takes ownership for delivering promises made, and will demonstrate personal commitment to achieving business results. Maintains effective work behaviour in the face of setbacks, change or pressure.
• Able to deploy plans that are appropriately comprehensive, realistic and effective in meeting personal, project and business goals.
• Uses analysis of relevant information and own judgement to make informed and sound decisions.
• Aware of the commercial environment of AECOM, the financial aspects of projects and their contribution to the success of the organisation.
• Understands the need to provide quality services and seeks to evaluate these against agreed standards. Able to demonstrate how they have developed their own skills to support this.
Salary is based on skills and experience.
Due to GDPR regulations we can only accept applications via our website. Visit: https://aecom.jobs/manchester-gbr/principal-health-safety-consultant/3FCF77B6A0D34A62B82D7CB7FDCBD9A0/job/