Principal Designer/CDM Consultant
Lawray are currently seeking to appoint a full time Principal Designer / CDM Consultant to join their Wrexham team. The role presents an opportunity for a highly motivated individual to join a well-established company working on a wide variety of projects. Lawray Ltd currently provides professional services via two complementary trading styles: Lawray Architects and Lawray CDM Consultants.
This role would suit someone with experience in a similar role, with construction health and safety knowledge and the ability to coordinate information and advise design teams appropriately.
As well as the opportunity to work on a range of exciting projects across multiple sectors, we offer excellent career progression opportunities in a friendly working environment. We promote CPD through training and assist with attaining professional memberships.
About the Role
The role requires an in depth understanding of design and construction processes and the ability to communicate effectively. It demands a clear understanding of the legal requirements of the CDM Regulations.
In particular the role will require you to:
- Inform, advise and assist clients in discharging their duties under CDM 2015
- Comply with the responsibilities of the principal designer under the CDM 2015;
- Plan, manage and monitor health and safety in the pre-construction phase, including; identifying, eliminating or controlling foreseeable risks.
- Ensure Designers carry out their duties CDM 2015
- Establish a record of design decisions as evidence that designers have taken the principles of prevention into account
- Collate Pre-Construction Information and identify how any information gaps will be resolved in a timely manner to ensure sufficient consideration of health and safety issues
- Attend design team meetings as required and liaise with design team members
- Conduct health and safety specific design reviews throughout the pre- construction phase
- Liaise with the Principal Contractor throughout the construction phase
- Prepare and issue the project specific Health and Safety File on completion
- Assist with the development of internal health and safety procedure
- Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Detailed knowledge of construction process from design through to completion
- Well-organised, diligent, proactive, disciplined and commercially aware
- Excellent IT Skills (MS Office programs, Office 365)
- Qualified to degree level in Construction (including design) related field, or alternatively with a construction site-based background including Site Management experience on large scale projects
- At least 5 years post qualification experience in design or construction management
- Ability to work flexibly, on own initiative or as part of a team
- Ability to self-manage a large number of tasks in order to maintain quality and meet required deadlines.
- Full UK Driving Licence and access to vehicle
- Member of the APS / IOSH or equivalent professional body
- NEBOSH Construction Certificate
- Knowledge of Building Information Modelling (BIM) is desirable
- Appropriate CSCS card holder
- Competitive salary based on experience plus travel expenses.
- 20 days annual leave plus 8 days paid bank holidays per annum
- Professional membership fees reimbursed.
- Free parking.
- Auto enrolment into the Company Pension Scheme on successful completion of probationary period
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
Please send a copy of your CV together with a covering letter explaining why you are suitable for this role and your salary expectations to Carrie Tomkewycz at: email@example.com