Principal Designer / CDM Advisor Role – Part Time (3 day week) at award winning Architecture and Design practice, Child Graddon Lewis, based in Shoreditch.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience of providing CDM consultancy services to a diverse portfolio of Clients and projects. You will have the ability to manage multiple projects, have an understanding of key hazards typical to construction projects and be able to work as an individual or as part of a wider team. In particular the role will require you to:
• Make Clients aware of their duties
• Assess the competence of any designers appointed by Child Graddon Lewis and identify how information gaps will be resolved in a timely manner to ensure sufficient consideration of health and safety issues.
• Carry out health and safety specific design reviews throughout the design and construction phases of a project.
• Promote and manage clear communication between project duty holders with respect to a coordination of outputs and management of health and safety issues at all project stages.
• Advise and assistance clients to help them comply with their duties, in particular their duty to appoint designers and contractors with adequate skills, knowledge and experience to fulfil their statutory obligations.
• Manage the flow of health and safety information between clients, designers and contractors (by means of CDM risk register or similar)
• Identify and collect pre-construction information and advise the client if surveys need to be commissioned to fill significant gaps.
• Prepare and issue the project specific Health and Safety file on completion.
• You will be qualified to degree level in an Architectural, Building Surveying or other construction industry discipline with an additional Health and Safety qualification (NEBOSH Certificate / Diploma and/ or CMaPS membership or actively working towards.)
• High degree of understanding and knowledge on the application of the CDM regulations.
• Practical experience in managing construction works onsite
• Demanding of the highest standards and ability to lead by example
• Knowledge of a wide range of health and safety regulations
Skills, Experience and Capabilities
• The successful candidate must have practical experience of CDM operations, Principals of Prevention and co-ordinating Design Risk Management and experience in assessing construction sites for health and safety.
• Expert knowledge of design risk management.
Apply for this vacancy
Applicants should email a CV and cover letter to the ‘Recruitment Manager’: firstname.lastname@example.org
with the subject header ‘CDM Position’. More information upon request.