This job will me made full time for the right candidate so individuals looking for either full-time and part-time roles should apply.
Location: Birmingham central (travel to sites across the UK is necessary)
Address: PMP Consultants, Rifle Maker Building, Birmingham, B3 1HL
T: 0121 585 6340
How to apply: Please send a copy of your CV and a cover letter explaining why you are suitable for the role to Anne-Marie Hayes
Salary: £30k to £47k Salary based on experience
Terms: Part-time or full-time depending on candidate and experience
Closing date for applications: 9th November
PMP Consultants are currently looking for a principal designer/CDM advisor for our offices in Birmingham. The ideal candidate should be suitably qualified and have the following:
• A recognised professional qualification i.e. NEBOSH General or Construction Certificate
• Ideally a member of Incorporated Member of the Association of Project Safety (IaPS)
• Knowledge of CDM 2015 and principal designer role
• Excellent verbal, written and analytical skills
• Excellent technical writing ability
• Client-facing and commercially astute
• Excellent organisational skills, proactive and the ability to work with initiative, working to tight deadlines.
• A team player who also works well independently.
The candidate will lead the process of providing principal designer/CDM services to clients, ensuring compliance with health and safety legislations while supporting our Directors to deliver a high-quality service to our clients.
PD Role and Responsibilities
• Notify the HSE about the project (F10)
• Coordinate design/ preparation work, planning and other preparation for construction where relevant to health and safety
• Identify and collect the pre-construction information and advise the client if surveys need to be commissioned to fill significant gaps.
• Risk Management – identify, eliminate and control foreseeable risks to health and safety.
• Manage the flow of health and safety information between clients, designers and contractors and ensure cooperation of all those involved.
• Undertaking monitoring site visits and inspections to assess and determine H&S compliance;
• Assisting with the successful management of CDM projects, to ensure projects are fully compliant.
• Attending project and design meetings
• Preparation of detailed documents, inc. PCIs, DRAs, CPP reviews and Health and Safety File etc. to a standard suitable for issue to the project team;
• Promptly provide in a convenient form to those involved with the design and to every contractor the pre-construction information which are relevant to each.
• Advise the client on the suitability of the initial construction phase plan and the arrangements made to ensure that welfare facilities are on site from the start.
• Produce or update a relevant, user friendly, health and safety file suitable for future use at the end of the construction phase.
Full, clean driving licence is required.
• Salary - £30k - £47k, dependant on experience and qualifications + fuel/travel expenses.
• 24 days annual leave per annum plus 8 days paid bank holidays per annum.
• Auto enrolment into the Company Pension Scheme on successful completion of probationary period.
• Professional membership fees paid.