About the role:
- £38,818 per annum
- Permanent, Full Time
- 36 hours per week
- Job Number: 100010611
- Based at County Hall, Penrhyn Road, Kingston upon Thames, Surrey, KT1 2DN.
Surrey County Council are looking for an experienced CDM professional to act as a Principal Designer. This is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to be the lead Principal Designer on all maintenance projects, and ensure any works meet the requirements of the Construction (Design & Management) Regulations 2015.
The Property service are responsible for developing, building, running, and maintaining an extensive and diverse portfolio of 600 premises, operational and non-operational. These include office buildings, fire stations, land and schools, making sure our assets are working hard for us and providing fit-for-purpose premises for staff and customers.
You will be a valued member of a friendly, supportive multi-disciplinary team, consisting of Building Surveyors, Quantity Surveyors, Mechanical and Electrical Engineers who carry out the majority of the design and project management of all our maintenance projects. Typical projects include window and roof replacements, refurbishment schemes, boiler replacements, rewires etc. ranging in value from £5000 to over £500,000. You will be involved in advising supporting and mentoring gradate engineers and surveyors. As part of the Council’s recent Orbis initiative, alongside the maintenance team, you will be expected to provide professional services within the borders of both Surrey and East Sussex County Councils.
To be shortlisted for interview your application must clearly evidence:
- Knowledge of the legislative framework covering construction work
- Experience of acting as Principal Designer (or CDM-Co-ordinator/ CDM Advisor), preferably in a building maintenance environment
- Knowledge of monitoring or auditing procedures regarding compliance with construction Health & Safety best practice
In addition you will be:
- A Qualified Principal Designer
- A member of the Association of Project Safety
- Have experience in building maintenance teams
For an informal discussion about this role, contact Angie Cope on 020 8541 8021 or by e-mail at email@example.com. We look forward to receiving your application.
Closing date: 19 August 2018.