Due to continued growth, we require a competent and experienced Health and Safety Consultant/ Principal Designer within our Health & Safety/ CDM group to undertake the roles of Principal Designer and CDM Advisor on construction projects based primarily in London and the Home Counties.
The position will be will be based in our London office close to London Bridge, Waterloo and Blackfriars Stations.
The successful candidate will be a confident communicator at all levels and will be able to build and maintain successful Client relationships. They will also be IT proficient with excellent presentation and time management skills.
The role will include:
• Responsibility for managing your own projects
• Carrying out all the duties of Principal Designer & CDM Advisor on behalf of the company for appointed projects
• Providing CDM advice and support to Client Teams, advising clearly of their CDM Duties and assisting with development of CDM strategy for projects
• Attending and co-ordinating Design & Project Meetings as required throughout projects
• Visiting project sites prior to construction to carry out initial risk appraisals and during construction to review arrangements (as required)
• Preparing, co-ordinating and distributing relevant pre-construction Health & Safety Information to other design & project team members, using company format where required
• Issuing F10 notifications
• Reviewing Construction Phase Plans, demolition & lifting plans etc
• Undertaking site H&S reviews and producing reports for Clients
• Collation and production of Health & Safety Files
This is a full time position, therefore candidates should be able to provide the following to support any application:
• Demonstrate a minimum of two years practical experience in providing CDM services
• Hold at least Technical Membership with IOSH and be working towards Graduate / Chartered status. Membership with the APS would be beneficial
• NEBOSH Construction or General Certificate is essential. NVQ 5 H&S or NEBOSH Diploma is preferred
• Have a very good understanding of risk management and hazard identification
• Have a thorough understanding of the design and construction process
• Excellent organisation, communication and time management skills to match Client and Company expectations
What's in it for you?
At Ridge we invest heavily in our biggest assets........our people. And as you will find out from day one in your Ridge career, you will be handsomely rewarded:
• Private Healthcare
• Life Assurance
• Generous Pension scheme: 5% Ridge Contribution
• Highly competitive salary
• 25 days holiday
• Company car or car allowance
• Salary sacrifice cycle to work scheme
• Salary sacrifice childcare voucher scheme
• Free car parking at the office
• Excellent work / life balance
To apply for this role, please send us an up-to-date CV detailing experience, qualifications and salary expectations. Please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Ridge is an award winning, multi-discipline property and construction consultancy. Core disciplines include Project Management, Cost Management, Building Surveying, Building Services Engineering, Building Services Maintenance Management, Property Consultancy, Architecture, Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, Health & Safety, Sustainability, Legal Support Services, Traffic & Transportation, Infrastructure Commercial Management, Geo-Environmental. In addition, we provide property consultancy expertise for asset management, modern procurement, planned maintenance programmes, innovative strategies and holistic delivery planning.
We maintain a spread of projects across all public and private sector markets from social housing to Formula One which is the essence of our strength in the depth and diverse range of our activity. All services are accredited to BS EN ISO9001 2008 for quality, ISO14001 environmental, ISO18001 Health & Safety and with Investors in People. Ridge has been successfully operating since 1946 and now employs over 500 people in nine offices across the UK and has delivered projects in 75 countries worldwide