Why Choose AECOM?
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals — serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine’s annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World’s Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients’ projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at www.aecom.com.
Our talented experts are dedicated to managing the complexity inherent in construction projects, catering to each client’s unique needs. We provide services such as program management, construction management and owner’s representation to our clients around the globe.
Qualified SH&E Professional who can provide Safety, Health and Environment (SH&E) advice and support to managers and engineers at all stages of a construction project. Must have a NEBOSH Construction Certificate, plus a minimum of five years relevant construction industry experience.
We need a competent, experienced construction focused SH&E Professional with drive and enthusiasm, who is
- dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers
- a team player, is co-operative and easily gains the trust and support of their peers
- easy to approach and talk to
- a ‘Doer’ not just an ‘Advisor’
- a self-starter, and comfortable working alone without constant supervision
Provide advice, support and training on compliance with relevant (legal and company) SH&E requirements at all stages of a project.
Develop a culture where all individuals and teams provide positive input into SH&E management in their workplace.
Assess, communicate and monitor SH&E performance and compliance.
Report and investigate SHE incidents.
Provide SH&E support to construction projects to ensure compliance with AECOM and legal requirements including CDM compliance, Safety in Design, SHE Plans, contactor management, RAMS, etc.
Prepare and deliver SH&E training modules to staff to continually improve knowledge of SHE matters relating to the business, e.g. construction risk, SH&E law, procedures, etc.
Conduct SH&E audits of projects and management systems and concisely asses levels of compliance with current company and legal requirements.
Conduct incident investigations and reviews to ensure root causes are identified, and corrective actions are agreed and implemented to control risks and improve standards.
Implement policies, procedures, documents and best practice to effectively and efficiently manage change in the business following introduction of new legislation, change in company risk profile.
Provide and analyse SH&E incident data and information (including alerts and lessons learnt), using company systems (SHEQ Improvement Database, Industry Safe and Lifeguard to ensure continuous improvement and development of best practice.
Develop and apply technical knowledge relevant to the specific SH&E risks associated with our activities.
Project Specific Responsibilities
Work with the Project Team to ensure:
- AECOM Construction Services implement robust SH&E management arrangements to manage all significant risks and achieve safe outcomes.
- SHE issues are included in due diligence and pre-qualification processes and that contract clauses support the full implementation of the CS SH&E requirements, and that these are effectively communicated to all contractors and sub-contractors and re-enforced in pre-start meetings.
- An effective Project SHE Plan is prepared before construction commences and that it is updated regularly.
- All works are adequately planned in advance of the actual work commencing by conducting; SiD review, project risk assessment, Project SHE Plan and SWMS & Permits).
- Site inductions are conducted for sub-contractors, employees and visitors so they understand their SHE obligations (including reference to any AECOM/Client requirements).
- Project SHE Reviews (including Safety in Design, incident trends and KPI performance) are conducted to drive effective SH&E risk control and continuous improvement.
- Effective SH&E risk communication mechanisms are in place to ensure all project stakeholders understand current SH&E risks and performance.
- Effective measures are in place to engage workers in SH&E risk management including briefings, tool box talks, safety observations, SH&E forums and reward and recognition schemes.
- Immediately suspend works which present an imminent risk of serious injury, loss, damage or significant failure of companies procedures and take the necessary action to prevent a recurrence
- Ensure project SH&E records are accurate and correctly updated and maintained including but not limited to; safe work method statements, SHE plans, SHE coordination meeting minutes, etc.
- Encourage AECOM personnel to engage with contractor's supervisors on SHE issues to improve communication, risk awareness and overall performance.
- 5 – 10 years post qualification construction experience
- Previous experience working at a suitable level within safety for a main contractor
- Self-starter and driven individual, someone who motivates themselves and can do so for others
- Knowledge and experience of EMFC behavioural management
- Pro-active and committed
- Commercial acumen and project management skills
- Ability to influence and engage with colleagues
Ideally CMIOSH or Grad IOSH
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.