About the role
We are currently seeking a Construction Health and Safety Professional who is competent to work independently, on projects throughout the south west of England. Working as part of a team to deliver the Principal Designer duty, you will provide CDM advice to Clients and other designers to help them comply with the CDM 2015 regulations. This role will afford you the opportunity to work on a wide variety of projects, from new build social housing blocks, high rise office fit-outs, to infrastructure and specialist projects in defence and justice. Projects will vary from fast turnaround fit-outs to major capital projects.
About Capita | Local Government, Health & Property
Capita Local Government Health & Property is part of Capita plc, the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions, with 68,000 staff across the UK, Europe, South Africa and India.
We are one of the UK's largest and most diverse multidisciplinary consultancies in the design, management, infrastructure, real estate, civil engineering, environmental management and transport sectors. We are also the market leader in strategic public-private partnerships with local government clients.
We have over 4,000 staff based in 60 UK & Ireland offices offering a vast range of professional and technical expertise across an unrivalled number of services. The breadth and depth of our experience ensures that we are able to add value to any project, regardless of size, complexity or sector.
What you will do:
• Working as part of a team to deliver the Principal Designer duty
• Undertake site inspections and monitoring visits to determine health & safety compliance
• Attend project, design and other meetings, escalating issues as required by the project plan
• Ensure output from projects is of a high standard
• Ability to ensure projects are completed efficiently and within the resource profile which was completed prior to the start of the project
• Support the Senior Staff as required.
Your experience will include:
• Educated to degree level
• Construction industry experience
• Design experience
• Ability to work on multiple projects
• An understanding of the design process and the principles of risk reduction.
• A thorough knowledge of the CDM regulations and associated legislation
• Appropriate experience of the design and construction processes.
• NEBOSH Construction Certificate or similar technical or professional qualification, with 5 year’s post qualification experience
• Registered Member of Association of Project Safety (IMaPS), with CDM 2015
• Graduate or Technical membership of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH)
• A current record of Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and CAD software
• An additional health and safety qualification such as a Degree, Diploma, or NEBOSH Certificate would be an advantage.
• Ability to use Sharepoint and other technology as required by the business
• Excellent communication, management and team working skills are required
• The ability to be flexible in balancing health and safety risks with cost and programme whilst maintaining legal compliance
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
What’s in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren’t optional extras: they’re how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you competitive holiday allowance, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next...
If you would like more information, please call Daniel McLauglan on 07710 378 036 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.