You will contribute to / be responsible for the delivery of the Principal Designer role across all phases of the Design and Construction lifecycle on a range of challenging projects across various sectors including Government, Energy, Commercial, Industrial and Water.
You will have the ability to manage multiple projects, have an understanding of key hazards typical to building and engineering projects in your relevant sectors and be able to work as an individual or as part of a wider team. You must be able to work with both internal and external project stakeholders to ensure Health and Safety issues are properly addressed and managed during the project lifecycle.
The role requires an in depth understanding of design and construction processes and the ability to communicate effectively. You will have a clear understanding of the legal requirements of the CDM Regulations. In particular the role will require you to:
- Make Clients aware of their duties
- Assess the competence of any designers appointed by Amec Foster Wheeler
- Collate Pre Construction Information and identify how any information gaps will be resolved in a timely manner to ensure sufficient consideration of health and safety issues
- Carry out H&S specific design reviews throughout the design and construction phases of a project
- Promote and manage clear communication between project duty holders with respect to coordination of outputs and management of health and safety issues at all project stages
- Prepare and issue the project specific Health and Safety File on completion
- You will be qualified to degree level (or equivalent) in a Construction related subject and be professionally qualified with an additional Health and Safety (eg NEBOSH Construction Certificate, Registered Membership of APS or ICE H&S Register) qualification
- High degree of understanding and knowledge on the application of the CDM Regulations
- You will have around 10 years post qualification experience in either design or construction management including experience of leading design teams
- Good communication skills are required (written and verbal)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint is required
Amec Foster Wheeler was voted in the top 20 best places to work in the UK in 2016, in the Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Award. Join us, as we continue to deliver excellence, together.