Are you interested in making a difference in construction? Driving health, safety and design at the forefront of the industry? Do you want to engage with the best clients and designers?
Due to our continued growth and increasing workload here at Pick Everard, we are looking for an ambitious CDM / H&S Consultant in our Central London office (High Holborn), who will work on a wide variety of projects as part of a multi-disciplinary team delivering principal designer and CDM services.
You’ll become part of a business with an excellent reputation in the industry for client care and quality with a diverse range of industry experts for you to collaborate with and learn from. All of us working here share immense pride in Pick Everard’s 150-year heritage and the progress we have driven as a leading consultant.
About the role:
The core role will be delivering CDM and H&S advisory services across both internally delivered projects and external, with significant opportunities for completing training and personal growth. As such the role will be responsible for:
- Ensuring projects comply with CDM 2015, making use of our policies and standard processes
- Assisting the client in discharging their duties and enacting positive H&S management
- Attending design team meetings, reviewing designs
- Engaging with and support the design team
- Attending construction sites to complete H&S inspections and reporting to the client
- Engaging with the principal contractor to drive positive safety management
We are looking to expand our team with a dynamic, enthusiastic, responsible and practical person. Ideally you will have:
- Practical experience in managing or providing dedicated CDM / H&S advisor services/role
- Comprehensive knowledge of Construction, Design and Management (CDM) Regulations 2015
- Experience in either construction site safety or design (Architecture, Engineering, Surveying etc.)
- NEBOSH National Certificate in Construction Health and Safety preferred (or equivalent)
- Professional qualification in a construction, engineering, building surveying or building services discipline - desirable
- Recognised membership of a proven Health & Safety organisation – desirable
Remuneration & Benefits:
You’ll be joining a business passionate about supporting and developing our staff, providing training incentives, and offering development opportunities to suit you as an individual. We provide a flexible working environment and encourage innovation and development. Also, we like to make sure everyone enjoys a good work life balance and like to bring enjoyment into working life through social, charity, sports, community / company events.
You will receive a competitive salary that will match your skills and experience, as well as the following benefits:
- Stakeholder pension
- Private healthcare (BUPA)
- Life assurance
- 26 days’ annual leave + Bank Holidays
- Professional subscriptions
- Season ticket loan or car loan
- Cycle to work scheme
To apply and more information