RSK Environment Ltd is looking to recruit two CDM Advisors to maintain and develop a portfolio of project work within various construction disciplines across the UK. We work closely with our clients to develop a positive health and safety culture within the project team and integrate the principles of CDM 2015 into contract management processes in a practical manner. Recent projects include support to National Grid Electricity Alliance on major update schemes through the UK, National Grid Property on projects relating to site remediation and holder demolition, Taylor Wimpey development projects and Southwark Council building refurbishment works, also support to Scotia Gas Networks on their site investigation programme and wind farm construction work for Scottish Power Renewables and EDF Energy Renewables.
We are now looking to recruit two CDM Advisors to maintain and develop our portfolio of project work within various construction disciplines across the UK.
CDM Advisors – North and South
The successful candidates will be involved in a range of projects across RSK’s UK offices, as well as supporting our clients in implementing the requirements of CDM 2015 this will include providing construction health & safety consultancy services, audits, inspections and general supporting advice.
The job responsibilities are:
- Liaison with client, designers and contractors so excellent communication skills are required.
- Project management and project administration. Meticulous project and financial management are therefore essential.
- Providing a range of construction health and safety advice including supporting the implementation of CDM 2015 on a wide range of projects by supporting clients and principal designers to assist them in both compliance and understanding of CDM Regulations and H&S Legislation.
- Promoting the RSK Group and seeking new opportunities for business development across the various brands.
- Providing services to our clients which exceed expectations.
- Utilising RSK Group management tools including working to RSK safety, health and quality management systems (ISO9001, ISO14001 and OHSAS 180001)
The ideal candidate must be focused, motivated and enthusiastic with the ability to communicate at all levels and within large groups. Previous experience across a broad range of construction sectors is desirable. Experience within the energy sector would be extremely beneficial.
UK travel is required so a valid UK driver’s licence is necessary.
A building and/or Civil Engineering related qualification (or equivalent experience) is essential and Membership of a Professional Institution (Civil, Structural, Mechanical, Construction Safety). RMaPS and a NEBOSH General or Construction Certificate qualification is desirable.
Salary and benefits
- This is a full time post with a salary commensurate with experience.
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays, childcare vouchers and private health care
- Regular training and development
The company prides itself on providing its staff with a rewarding and challenging career, encouraging Continuous Professional Development, allowing employees to reach their full potential. Having been recently placed within the top 5 UK environmental consultancies (Environmental Analyst, December 2014) and number 81 in the Sunday Times Fastrack 200 which rates the success of private companies in the UK, there has never been a more exciting time to join.
All candidates applying for positions with RSK Group must be eligible to work in the UK/European Economic Area. Candidates should confirm this when applying with their CV and covering letter to Sarah Murphy, HR manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0117 300 4295.
To see further career opportunities with RSK Group, visit our website www.rsk.co.uk
RSK is committed to our Corporate Responsibility strategy. We seek to minimise our impact on the environment; to engage positively with the community and education groups; to provide a safe and supportive atmosphere in which to work; and to promote Corporate Responsibility throughout our supply chain.