This is an excellent opportunity for a suitably qualified health & safety professional with proven construction design and management experience looking to take their next step with a progressive organisation.
As a CDM Advisor, you will be tasked with embedding the principles and practices of construction-related health & safety with clients, Designers and Contractors.
Focusing on ensuring compliance, you’ll seek to embed construction-related health & safety as part of the organisation’s day-to-day activities. You’ll act as the first point of contact for any health & safety queries, as well as supporting construction activities and delivering key advice to Designers and Contractors.
Carrying out safety assurance tasks, you’ll ensure that all construction projects meet the requirements of CDM 2015. Additionally, you’ll assist in the pre-construction and construction phases of projects and help to develop information, phase plans and H&S files.
To be considered for this role, you must have:
- Experience in the provision of construction specific (practical and technical) health and safety advice, ranging from routine minor repairs and maintenance to large site developments involving multiple contractors
- Proven experience in the interpretation, application and administration of the CDM regulations both 2007 and 2015 and the on-site arrangements you have developed to comply with these
- A track record of developing pre-construction information, construction phase plans and health & safety files
- Knowledge of current best practice in health & safety
- The ability to interpret legislative requirements into actions and understandable instructions for others
- A NEBOSH General Construction Certificate in Health & Safety
- IOSH membership
- A full driving licence
As a CDM Advisor, you must be highly organised and motivated with excellent communication skills and a meticulous eye for detail.
£32,260 (with possible progression to £34,298) Plus Local Government Pension Scheme, Childcare Voucher Scheme, Subsidised Leisure Membership, Employer Benefits Scheme, Flexitime, Up to 32 Days’ Annual Leave (after five years’ service)
To apply for this position please send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org