Thomson Gray provide construction health and safety consultancy services across Scotland. Thomson Gray offer Principal Designer, CDM-Adviser and general construction health and safety consultancy services to clients, designers and contractors to ensure projects are undertaken safely and in compliance with relevant legislation.
Due to increased growth we are now recruiting for an Assistant Health and Safety Consultant to join the team based in our Edinburgh office. This is an exciting opportunity to grow within a company that provides a bespoke, complete health and safety consultancy service to established clients on a wide variety of projects including numerous high-profile construction projects.
As the Assistant Health & Safety Consultant your main responsibilities will include:
• Communicating effectively with contractors, designers and clients and the project team
• Assisting clients to ensure they comply with their duties under CDM2015
• Provide the role of Principal Designer where required in accordance with the CDM2015
• Having the confidence to work unsupervised
• Preparing and checking health and safety project documentation.
• Conducting health and safety inspections and auditing (following training) – during pre and post-construction phases
• Assisting in the development of the business.
• Exposure to new business opportunities
• Managing the client relationship and service delivery on a commission or project basis in conjunction with senior colleagues
The successful candidate will have the following:
• Good communication skills
• Working knowledge and understanding of the construction industry
• Ability to self-manage effectively, prioritise workload and ability to work on projects independently
• Ability to form effective working relationships with colleagues and clients
• Ability to work with a team on commissions/projects/programmes
• Knowledge of and ability to advise clients' on CDM regulations and health and safety issues
Whilst full training and development will be provided, the following qualifications would be beneficial:
• NEBOSH National Certificate in Construction Health and Safety, or working towards
• Membership of IOSH (TechIOSh, GradIOSH) or working towards, or:
• Membership of the Association of Project Safety (IMaPS or CMaPS) or working towards
Thomson Gray offer full support through professional training and would consider part-time applicants whilst in higher education. Thomson Gray offer competitive salaries DoE and a range of other benefits.
Contact through Recruitment Agencies will not be entertained at this stage.