This is an inclusive event. Student members, incorporated members, certified members and fellows do not pay a charge to attend this event. Affiliate, corporate and retired members pay a discounted member fee.
About the event
In this session, Mark Farrar of Time Consultancy will discuss the importance of sufficiently understanding the risks and costs for installation, inspection and use at the design stage.
Mark will also cover:
- Selecting the right method then suitable work equipment
- Specific considerations for rope access, suspension anchors and fall protection systems
- The role of the system designer
- Follow guidance in BS8560 Design of Buildings incorporating safe work at height
- Significant changes to BS7883 Anchor Systems – System design, installation and inspection
About the speaker
Mark Farrar of Time Consultancy is a competent engineer with significant experience in rope access and fall protection operations having worked on large projects with long lead times for planning and reactive high risk environments applying dynamic processes to ensure the safety of all people including members of the public.
Time Consultancy provide expert advice to architects and property owners for new build, refurbishment or risk management of existing commercial properties. Two members of the team sit on the committee for the British Standards Institute.
APS inclusive members: no charge
APS corporate & affiliated members: £10 + VAT
Non members: £12 + VAT
*If your company has a Corporate membership your colleagues may be eligible for a discount to attend. Please get in touch for more information by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or call her on 0131 442 6604.