Location: Glasgow (this is not an APS course)
Professor Billy Hare is hosting a free CDM training day at Glasgow Caledonian University (or at your office for a group).
Who is this training day for?
We are looking for two groups of architect (‘Novice’ and ‘Experienced’)
Novice: Architects who have graduated but have not worked in a practice for more than 1 year after gaining their part 3. Can also apply to those who have graduated but not yet gained their part 2 or part 3.
Experienced: Architects who have fully gained their part 3 and have then spent at least 1 year in a practice afterwards
This study aims to find out if a training tool that allows architects to identify hazards in their designs is useful. Participation is voluntary and if participants want their data withdrawn, contact details will be provided on the day to allow this to happen. Results will be written up in June and can be shared with participants if they wish.
What does the training day involve?
- Practise identifying hazards on drawings as part of a research project*
- CDM refresher: including as summary of the latest guidance on CDM
- Designer good practice: examples of what designers can do to discharge their CDM duties
- Case studies: recent court cases and the implications for designers
- Be one of the first to have a chance to try out a new training tool exclusively designed for Architects
Available dates and time slots are:
Thursday 31/5/18: 09:30 – 12:30 / 13:30 – 16:30 / 17:00 – 20:00
Friday 1/6/18: 09:30 – 12:30 / 13:30 – 16:30
Friday 8/6/18: 17:00 – 20:00
For further information or to participate, please contact Professor Billy Hare: 0141 331 3908 email@example.com
CPD Certificates will be issued for participation.