Top 5 tips to make health and safety a priority on your construction site
25/05/2017 - 04:58PM
We caught up with past APS president Richard Wilks who provided his top 5 tips that you can do to make health and safety a priority on your construction site.
1. Don't make H & S boring, keep inductions free flowing with discussion.
2. Don't make unrealistic targets for the workforce and keep it real
3. Don't be a dictator, engage with operatives, be approachable and helpful. They will be more on side in this way.
4. Be consistent always, don't change the rules to get work done, operatives will lose respect for H & S if you do.
5. Don't make H & S the Dark Art that stops work, keep it positive and ensure all understand and agree how things can be kept safe.