To help achieve success, we require a CDM Advisor to support our integrated commercial and joint venture teams. This role is with the Contracts, Performance and Development Group (CPD) of the Hertfordshire County Council (HCC) Highways department. The CPD provides support on a variety of highway contract types and management services to the wider Highways community.
The CDM Advisor will primarily offer support to the Whole Client Service as well as site based team members and where required;
• Act as Principal Designer for minor works, where and when required
• Provide liaison in all contractual matters
• Ensure that WCS CDM regulatory requirements are met, including on site when required
• Attendance and contribution at contractual meetings, as well as regular reporting
• Input at planning stages and support for colleagues to ensure correct scoping out and verification activities
• Undertake investigations and inspection to identify solutions and suggest appropriate analytical techniques and provide the related reporting
• Provision of training in line with CDM needs for the extended service
Key benefits of the role include:
• A great opportunity to develop a leading role within the business
• A varied and wide ranging remit within the business which will allow great development opportunities
• A challenging environment
• Competitive salary and benefits package
To apply for the role you will need:
• Excellent demonstrable knowledge of CDM
• Good working knowledge of Highways construction standards and the NEC3 suite of contracts and conditions
• Local Government Authority experience
This role is a fantastic opportunity for an individual who has extensive site experience and thorough knowledge of NEC3.
At Opus we attract and retain talented people through competitive remuneration and rewarding performance. We offer a flexible benefits programme via Opus – Flex that allows you to structure your remuneration package to suit your lifestyle.
You will be redirected to Opus' website.
Opus is committed to a workplace that embraces equal employment opportunity & diversity. We are dedicated to creating and sustaining a professional and respectful work environment which supports mutual trust and assists each individual to reach their full potential - we therefore welcome applications from those who want part-time hours or job share opportunities.